11th Anniversary Party continues........

April 8th 2016


My second post for the 11th Anniversary Celebration at JessicaLynnOriginal! My post last weekend showcased a couple of Jessica's "Jasmine Becket-Griffith" licensed stamp designs - just love all the range available so far - more new ones to come so stay tuned! Today I am sharing 2 more altered index cards this time using 2 of my favourites sets from the Dog Breed range available at the store - I'm a big dog lover so it's always fun to receive these from Jessica and colour and create. The Pitt Bull and Toy Breed sets are 2 of my favs!!!

 
 
 
 
Here are my altered index cards and below a couple of other process pics and run through of what I did to create these!
 
A quick description of how I did the backgrounds: I put "dollops" of acrylic paint - nothing fancy just what I have in the cupboard!! Grabed an old credit card and "swiped" it around to cover the card - try to keep the colours from mixing too much and turning muddy looking! I wanted some brightness for the "party" theme.
 

Secondly I spread matt medium all over the card and then I used some Tim Holtz printed tissue paper and layered over the top and smoothed out. You could use white tissue paper, stamp in black ink and make your own patterned paper but remember ordinary tissue paper is thinner and will tear easily when wet so once on the matt medium you really wont have the ability to move it much - but that can add texture if it crinkles - I like that effect too!

 
So that was my 2 base cards to add to - which included footprint stencil I made on my Silhouette and texture paste which I then ink sprayed - I did this on both cards for some added texture in the background.
 

 
I also added bits of washi tape on the cards too for the pups to "sit/stand" on LOL! Wording is computer generate. I coloured all the dog stamps with pastel pencils and sprayed with sealant before fussy cutting them. Little party hats are from a Lisa's Altered Art collage sheet and are so much fun to add to stamps like this!!
 
 
Don't forget the Free Brentwood Owl digi available at the store for a limited time in celebration of this milestone for Jessica and her Business! And if you are on Facebook come and join our crafty JLO Group!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

OMG...these are fantastic projects Sharon. Love the backgrounds you created yourself and the stamps are delightful! Thanks for sharing :)

Doudou said...

Very fun project! Love the colorful

TeamMould said...

I love the party hats on the pups. Great cards Sharon!!! Thank you for being part of our Design Team!! <3

Michele said...

the color, design and dimension in your pieces is really wonderful. i love them! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...