Sitting Pretty

May 12th 2013


Firstly Happy Mothers Day to all the "mums" out there! For Mothers Day I am sharing my "altered wood block" using new collage images and patterned paper from Gecko Galz. My wood black was covered with Gesso then sponged all over with Distress Inks. I cut all the images/paper to size then distressed the edges and sponged the edges with distress ink and then used Gel medium to attach to the wood block, To finish I added some flower embellishments and a little charm and the quirky bird to the top LOL! The little "feet" on the block are wooden beads also painted with Gesso & Distress Ink.


I am entering my creation at the new LunaGirl Challenge Blog in their Bird Themed Challenge.

14 comments:

Michele said...

Sharon this is lovely! thank you for joining our birds challenge at lunagirl moonbeams! xo

1CardCreator said...

Very pretty! ~Diane

Vicki Romaine said...

Sharon. This is gorgeous. What a great project. Love it!

2amscrapper said...

Looks great!

Ellis said...

Beautiful wood block gift you made, looks great with the images and the bird on top! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Vicki Romaine said...

Sharon,
I'm so glad you joined in on the first challenge of Lunagirl Moonbeans.

Karen Lunagirl said...

This is wonderful! I can't help but smile when I look at it! Thanks for taking part in my very first blog challenge at Lunagirl Moonbeams ~ Karen

Marjie Kemper said...

Totally fabulous, Sharon! Love how you have that large bird perched on top, with the stamped and metal ones below.

Karen Lunagirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terry said...

OMG this is beautiful! Every detail is stunning and I love the bird you added to the top! Even the flowers and charm are so perfect! Love this!

Sandi McLean said...

What a sweetie! Adore your "altered block"!

Karen Lunagirl said...

Hi Sharon ~ Congratulations, this entry has won my BIRDS blog challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! Email me at info@lunagirl.com about claiming your prize of a free Lunagirl digital collage sheet! ~ Karen

Vicki Romaine said...

Congratulations Sharon for winning the first challenge held by Lunagirl. You will love her digital sheets. Can't wait to see what you create.

Michele said...

congrats Sharon on winning the lunagirl challenge! very happy for you and i love this beautiful creation! have fun playing with your new images. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...