Paper Pieced Hildie

April 6th 2011
I've been playing around trying some 'paper piecing' which I have seen other people do but have never tried myself - up until now.

Here is a card using "Hildie" from the CS Designs range of digis made by paper piecing. I think the paper piecing gives a really different and effective look and I'm really happy with how it has turned out! The cutting out of the different 'elements' can be quite fiddly though so I think you need to have a bit of patience!

I am entering this card in the new Etsy Inspired Challenge which requires your inspiration coming from the XS Baggage & Co Etsy Store (the bag which inspired me is shown at the bottom of this post - the colours, stripes and flowers are what I have given me inspiration for this card).



This card is being entered in several challenges this week. One is the new Desert Island Crafters Challenge where you have to use at least 3 or more items from the 'itinerary' listed - on this card I have used: glitter (on the wings glitter glue), a child's image, dots (on the patterend paper) and ribbon tied in a bow! The sketch I have used to make the card is from the new challenge at the Totally Gorjuss Blog. At the Craft Your Days Away Blog the theme is "Spots & Stripes".


Fabric bag from XS Baggage & Co Etsy Store.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card. Your paper piecing looks really nice :)

2amscrapper said...

such cute image and great card--love the layers and colors

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card with lovely colours and a cute image!!!

Anonymous said...

absolutely charming loving theuse of layers with this!

hugs June

Linda said...

Adorable! You did a great job with the paper piecing and the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Such pretty cards well done!!

Hugs June

Dazie said...

Love the layout of your card and the papers its gorgeous.

thanks for joining craft your days away this time

dazie
x

Unknown said...

Sharon, that is such a cute image. I love the paper piecing. I have been wanting to try it.

Jacquel said...

Cute card & adorable image! Thanks for joining us at Etsy this week!!!

jackiescrafts said...

Love your card with all its layers
Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

Jackie x

Suzi McKenzie said...

Gorgeous creation, love the paper piecing, Thank you so much for joining us at Desert Island Crafters:)
Suzi
xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...